16 November 2007

IN LOVE WITH THIS KID............and i love my other kid too, but he's not as cuddly........



That kid sliding into the door there is Aidan.........he's MY kid........and the depth of my adoration is immeasurable to be certain...........

Tonight when i came in late from band practice, Trixie asked me go in and make sure he was covered up with his blanket.......it's become very cold here over the past day or so............i went into his room and rested my hand upon his back just to feel the rise and fall..........and i spent 10 minutes just feeling this boy breathe.......

It touched me deep down..........again, i cannot express in words how much i love this boy..........my heart overflows.............it overflows............

Stak

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best post EVER, Stak. Fuck the poetry. THIS is the poetry.

Anonymous said...

I am not suggesting that the poetry doesn't have value or a place. It is just that this particular post is gentle and moving. You are living the dream, my friend.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Yup. You get the big picture.

btw, like the new picture header.

Anonymous said...

I bet I know a man who feels the same away about his son. He plays drums in a cool new band in Augusta.

STAK said...

i think that i thank The Lord every single day for the faith in me i get from my Bpops..........and i have no doubt in my admiration for my toddler........having kids later in life is way under-rated in my book...........it's the best.......

Anonymous said...

i agree, it's the best. i want to blog about my kid every post! in fact, my 4 year old son is going to start doing his own blog! (with some help from mom)

honestly, i had no idea what love was until i had my son--and had those moments like you describe

see ya on rhian's train!