14 December 2006

WAS I SOUSED?..............you bet i was.........



My band JOE GRAVES AND THE DIRTY LEFT HAND played a tiny basement joint in North Augusta,South Carolina called THE HIGHLANDER last friday......it's a british style pub complete with shepherds pie on the menu......the last time i played there many years ago, the owner was getting high on his own supply......in a very thick,very drunken british accent shouted "THE BAND'S TOO GATDAMMED LOUD!!!!" throughout the set.....despite the fact that the crowd was digging it the most, he proceeded to shout through thirty minutes or so of solid entertainment........before finally cutting the power.......

The power wasn't cut friday night.........but oh how i wish it had been........we struggled through the set.........screwing up in just about every way imaginable......you see the Yeungling draught was free..........and apparently crippling to musicians...........

We sucked..........

They asked us back...

Rock it like you're trying to commit murder.......

Stak

7 comments:

mist1 said...

I thought you meant my Highlander. Damn.

Anonymous said...

Haha, wish I could have been there - sounds like my kind of party!

Anonymous said...

we're gonna blow that hole out the ground next time baby, you watch & see!

Anonymous said...

Next time, drink Wild Irish Rose...Cheers

STAK said...

no way the hangover could be any worse,matt-man.......maybe we'll give that she-devil WIR a spin.......

Unknown said...

Of course you know that at The Highlander, most people are too drunk to realize when a band screws up. Except for your show, I'm sure, nothing good ever happens there! (And yet, I seem to find myself there... Hmm...)

STAK said...

when it used to be open all night i found myself there after hours........it always seemed like a good idea to go.......but then you got there and were like "what in the hell am i doing here?".....