16 February 2007

INVOKING THE MUSE........or the 4 beer buzz interview with Trixieipecac..........





What better to do on a Friday night whilst toting a mild buzz than interviewing the person you love the most in the world......so without further adieu........HEEEEERRRREEE'S TRIXIE!!!..........

S: So chica, what do your guts love the mostest?

T: besides your guts? fun, things that lead up to & have to do with fun. most of them can be found in a bar, like music, beer, pool, darts, & silly people. of course the most impotant thing you can't find in a bar: the little boy, the prettiest thing without teeth. P.S. the folks I refer to as the York St Crew, to name a few: Brian Smith, Furman Fowler, Philip Baldy, Patrick Arnold, George Morris, Amy Lane.

S: What's going on with your musical budding music career these days?

T: its getting better all the time, we're playing shows more often, the soonest one being march 10 at THE SOUL BAR, I have a couple of new songs in my back pocket that I can't wait to get started on. I'm also looking forward to working with Henry Wynn III(the newest member of JOE GRAVES AND THE DIRTY LEFT HAND). I'm sure he'll bring some excellent flavor to the group.

S: Who's rocking your mp3 player lately?

T: shuffle. I listened to the first straight through album today on it(a self titled record by an artist called Spot). He was one of or at least hung out with the crew that started SST. I saw him play with Mike Watt in 2001 then later found the record in Athens for $.99. I didn't like it at first then later fell in love with it, I get cravings for it from time to time.

S: Who makes you laugh like a hyaena huffing whip-its?

T: a cat(dude, whatever) named Patrick Arnold. a member of the York St crew, he likes to crack you up when you happen to be eating or drinking something, sometimes I think he's trying to kill me.

S: Which local band excites you the most currently?

T: Our band. Its the only one I get to see on a regular basis, plus I just like it the best. That's the great thing about making music, it fits your taste perfectly.

S: Who would you most like to share the stage with?

T: realistically or fantasically? r: HELLO LEFTY or maybe THE DECREPITS. f: THE BREEDERS or SONIC YOUTH.

S: Tell us about your favorite author?

T: right now I guess my favorite author is CHRISTOPHER MOORE. I've got a favorite that's only put out 3 books that I know of: PC Hodgell, but there's not much to tell there. Christopher Moore is just one of the funniest guys to tell stories about the supernatural, freaks, & general weirdness. He's taken the ball of yarn from Douglas Adams, Tom Robbins, Terry Pratchett & improved upon it. Great imagination & hip to the current crap to be hip to.

S: How is motherhood treating you thus far?

T: its easier than I thought it would be. I think it has something to do with the baby.

S: Is that boy really a "stink-bug" or is he just stinky?

T: well he's only got 2 legs so technically "bug" is just an affectionate second syllable to stink. Yes he does stink, but only for as long as I let him sit in his own feces. Which for the record is not long, I usually put him in his changing spot as soon as I hear the tell-tale pooping grunts, & let him finish up business & then I get that shit out of there ASAP!

S: You were nominated for favorite bassist and favorite local female at the recent LOKAL LOUDNESS CHOICE MUSIC AWARDS.........were you disappointed that you didn't win?

T: not so much, I was amazed I was even nominated in the 1st year that I've been playing. Other than being a barfly I didn't really know anyone knew who I was, I can thank Steven Uhles for including me in his "Women Who Rock" article. I was a little relieved that I didn't have to make a speech.

S: I've heard alot of folks say how much fun that evening is each year. What moment of this year's show was the most memorable to you?

T: When Stoney's wife & daughter professed their love for me in the bathroom, after they figured out who I was.

S: You were accused of being a chick who "rocks" by several people that night. What do you think that means?

T: "chick" meaning I have na-na instead of a pee-pee, & "rocks" meaning I got up on stage & played the bass the way they liked to hear it, & maybe they were a little drunk & so was I. I had great fun & was happy to see other people enjoying it too.

S: Finally, how do you see your life playing out, both in public and private life, over the coming year?

T: Honeybun, I can't see into the future, I'm just enjoying how great things are now. I tend to worry over silly stuff when I think of what might happen, so if I stay in the present I can't over-think my next move.

S: Thanks for giving me your time this evening,baby.........want another beer? maybe watch a movie?.........do it maybe?

T:tee-hee-hee!



Rock it like you're Bawbwa Wawtahs.........except without all thay crying foolishness....

Stak

3 comments:

STAK said...

Yeah.......that trixie is a clever lass..........and yes, your ass is always in jeopardy around this crew........

Anonymous said...

I should have said sodomites, actually I shouldn't have said anything at all, my middle school sense of humor got the best of me.
Yeh, Brian, you should delete that comment.

Anonymous said...

Except for the thanks to Rhian.