27 March 2007

BIG HAIRY DREAM........or how i met a werewolf at age 6..........



This is a recollection of the thoughts of my mind at age 6........i cannot attest to the accuracy of said thoughts.........i only know that this freaking weird episode made a big impression on me and that the memory of these events has not left me all the way up until now...........having said that, you are all aware i'm sure how time colors memory.............but i swear that the basic story is true to actual events........details are another matter...........on with the story.......

When i was 6, it might be said that i had a fascination with classic horror films......i spent many weekend nights sitting up with my Grandma Lou(short for Louise) watching SHOCK THEATER or THE NIGHT STALKER...........for me, that shit was the height of entertainment......it moved me...........

One summer night that year i had a dream.........in the dream, i was at school, but it was night outside.......this made some sense to my first grade mind as schools at the time were so over-crowded locally that kids went to school in split shifts.........there were times when i it was getting dark outside when i got off the bus..........but i digress.......the point is i was out of school but out of place in a way(psycho-analyse me later)......i looked out the window and saw a white van.......the back doors opened and a werewolf waved to me........i was not afraid.....he seemed friendly and made me think of my dad

One point you must understand here is that fact that my mom and dad were divorced by now and i saw him on the occasional weekend..........i think i may have missed him alot..........

The werewolf from the white van waved for a bit then got back into the van and drove away............this is where things grow super fucking weird..........

I woke up..........but i wasn't in my own bed........i had sleep walked and was now in the bed with my sister(cool your fucking jets perverts.......6 years old,sickos)....i was a little confused for a moment and freaked out by the dream........as i pondered getting up and going back to my own bed, a very muscled and extremely hairy arm reached across my chest and began to shake me as if to wake me up...........this scared the shit out of me(especially after the dream)........so i played dead...........for a full five minutes the scary,hairy arm(i assume attached to the werewolf)tried to shake me awake..........i did not want to die so i waited it out.............after awhile, the scary,hairy entity left.........i got out of bed and snuck to the window only to see a white van driving away........

Completely freaked out, i ran to my mother's bed and asked whether someone had been out of bed besides me or had tried to wake me from my sister's bed........she said no...........

Years later, i came to live with my father.........at that time,he drove a white Ford Econoline..........

Make of this what you will...........

Stak

3 comments:

Rhian said...

wahoo! What a great story! So why do you hate werewolfies Stak? Seems to me that you've got this subconscious relationship with the shifter concept, projecting it onto your father, therefore yourself.

Actually I think dreams to our young selves have as much of an impact as any "real" world experience.

Thanks for sharing - i'm gonna mull this over and maybe come back with more inane comments. Lucky you.

STAK said...

i don't really hate werewolves........fascination and fear go hand in hand......my dad read this and reported back to me that i was mixing my messages........but hey.......i'm complex.........

Anonymous said...

This is easily your greatest piece of writing since your Hank/Captain America piece.

http://braineggs.blogspot.com/2006/12/imma-captain-americaand-so-is-you.html

What does that mean? I guess I like the childhood stories. They seem so real. So honest. I guess because they are.

Thanks for sharing.

This last one has kept me thinking.