01 May 2007

RUNNING WITH WHAT EXACTLY???????????........



Has anyone seen this movie?.................i understand mental illness..........but i was struck by the mom character played by Annette Benning in this movie.........the character is a classic example of Borderline Personality Disorder..........in laymen's terms it's more succinctly put by the term "Drama Queen"............Borderline folks irritate the shit out of me............they are overwhelmingly women............and they were more than likely made to be the way they are by their own mothers...........i hate that shit..............

i would like an objective take on this particular joint by some other folks............especially those who've read the book upon which this film is based...........because i'm guessing the book was a sincere attempt at a memoir...........and i'm guessing the movie rendition has retarded the original artistic statement considerably..........just my gut feeling...........

Stak

8 comments:

STAK said...

and i quote......."my turd is a direct communication with the Holy Father"...........fucking classic..........

mist1 said...

I am borderline something, I'm just not sure what it is yet.

STAK said...

i have various suspicions where you're concerned.......

Rhian said...

Stak - i'm disappointed. where's your thursday post? i can't comment on this movie cuz i never heard of it. i live in my own little world - sorry.

`NEFTY said...

Nah, looks weird though...?

Anonymous said...

we checked this movie out at the library, if you rent movies regularly, its the way to go. there's a $.50 late fee after a week. we have netflix & still use the library to fill the gaps. also I find it a little easier to try out something I'm not so sure about when it doesn't cost anything. I've wound up with a few stinkers though.

Sebastien Millon said...

I saw part of this movie, made me very sad...

STAK said...

I'm sorry folks........i never even named the movie......it's called RUNNING WITH SCISSORS......and Seb, the beginning was very light.......but as it progressed it did get quite depressing............like BATMAN BEGINS in reverse...........are you excited about the new FANTASTIC 4 movie........the first movie was a real dog........but shit man, they're introducing THE SILVER SURFER in the new.........how can they go wrong............